Blog 5 - Your experiences learning english
The English
Today I will talk about my relationship with this language: English.
This is a quite interesting topic, because I love English. Personally speaking when I went to High School I hate it english and I didn’t learn anything. The teacher didn’t have interest in teaching us and he only wrote something on the board every class and he waited for the class to copy and translate it. It was horrible, and basically I lost every single desire to learn. But, something happened…
When I got older, I’m talking about when I was 24 or 25 years old, I began to wrap my head around learning the language, because I never lost interest in learning it. I bought a self-study book, with audios and grammar in English-Spanish, and took some personal classes with personal teachers. After that, I started a relationship with my current wife, Zerma from The Philippines and she started to teach me a lot. Apart from grammar and rules, she taught me how to pronounce words in American accent, and she made me read books in english, correcting some mispronounced words. That was great, and thanks to her I resumed my way.
Recently, my experience in learning English at the university has been great, ‘cause I had a lot of very good teachers, including yourself. It is true that it is not perfect, we are a lot of students and sometimes the work isn’t personalized, but in spite of it, I could learn a lot during these years. English is so important, and it is practically the universal language nowadays. I hate people that hate english, they don’t know the opportunities they are loosing. I wrap myself every day with english language, listening to podcasts, repeating phrases, reading books, going to groups and practicing my speaking, etc. And of course, I currently have a lot of work to do, and a lot of things to learn, but I’m getting there.


Comentarios
Publicar un comentario