Blog 4 - Postgraduate Studies
Beyond a bachelor’s degree
Okay, today I’m going to talk about postgraduate studies. First of all, this is a matter that I have been thinking for a lot time, and of course it is something huge, so important that it will have importance and relevance in my life. Currently I’m in my 6th year of my major, and the total duration of it is 7 years. It means that next year I will finish it and I have to decide if I will study my postgraduate immediately or not. As I have said before, my main plan is to make my academy grow, to find a physical space for it and have different teachers available with a variety of instruments, ‘cause today I have 4 teachers for Piano only. It is because I have not enough time to dedicate to this company, and if I want it to grow, it would include a lot of work, not only teaching.
Okay, If I would have to study my postgraduate degree as soon as possible, I would choose Piano or Conducting. Why those areas? In the case of Piano, it is because I will teach how to play that instrument, and a lot of issues are related with the piano, for example: The orchestration, the harmony, the musical theory, analysis, and counterpoint. All of this things can be played and explained better through the Piano. Now, in the case of Conducting. It is because in matters of composition, I will have the opportunity to conduct and learn about orchestral music, at the same time, as a composer, to premiere my own works like famous composers like Mahler, Beethoven, Bernstein. Currently, it is quite possible.


Comentarios
Publicar un comentario